When in Mykonos, visit… Little Venice!
There is a place on the western side of Chora, the main town of Mykonos, that doesn’t look like anything you’ve seen before. This beautiful, romantic spot, called Little Venice, is definitely one of the island’s most visited and photographed locations! A picturesque “vintage” neighborhood where the front row of its old, elegant buildings is built right on the edge of the sea, reminding of the famous town of Venice in Italy.
Things to do in Little Venice
From morning till late in the evening, it attracts all kinds of visitors: couples and families, artists, poets and authors, international celebrities and tycoons. They will all find what they’ve been looking for:
- quiet, candle-lit restaurants for lovers
- tiny alleys where children can play hide and seek while strolling around with their parents
- traditional taverns and cafés where the older residents sit for hours, telling stories about medieval pirates and enchanting their audience
- exclusive bars and clubs playing the most amazing music from all over the world
- art galleries featuring exhibitions of worldwide renowned artists and state-of-the-art boutiques for some exclusive shopping
you just name it and it will be there!
Little Venice’s Sunset
Nevertheless, the most amazing attraction is the sunset view. It’s a breathtaking experience that will undoubtedly become a lifetime memory! Just pick up your drink, walk down the steps of one of Little Venice’s unique coastal buildings and sit at the lower ones with your feet in the water. Watch the last rays of the sun diving into the depths of the restless Aegean Sea… Enjoy these moments of pure magic that you will cherish for as long as you live!